Basics of Skin Care: How to Cleanse your Face
It doesn’t seem that hard to wash your face. You will just need to splash water on your face, rub the cleanser on and then rinse, but there are some tips to having the right technique that will allow your cleanser to do its job properly.
Cleansing your Face Steps
- If you have long hair or bangs then you should pull it off of your face completely. This will ensure that no hair products will transfer onto your face from your hair.
- Splash your face gently with room temperature water. Hot water will dry out your skin.
- Place about 14 mm to 18 mm of cleanser into your hands. Rub your hands together so that the cleanser will be applied evenly to your face.
- Massage the cleanser all over your face apart from the eye area. The cleanser should go all the way to your hairline, to your ears, the back of your neck and under your chin. Count to 30 to ensure the cleanser has worked.
- You should then rinse your face thoroughly. Use a wet cloth to remove the cleanser instead of just water.
- You should then pat your face dry with a towel. Never rub your face as this is too aggressive for most skin types.